Saturday, June 14, 2014

Books Read in the Past Week

Books read for the first time are marked with a #
Books are listed by author, and not necessarily in the order read.


"Love God And Do What You Please"
by St. Alphonsus Liguori
adapted by M. J. Huber
[spiritual reading]
a favorite of mine; thank God it wasn't one of the books
lost when I moved!
"Bless Me, Father, for I Have Kids" #
by Susie Lloyd
[nonfiction, humor]
(Kindle books)
{reserved for Sunday}

Bible books(s) read this week:
"Deuteronomy"
(This post explains my Bible-reading plan.)

"Betsy and Joe"
{carried over from last week}
by Maud Hart Lovelace
[YA fiction]


"Casebook of Successful Ideas for Advertising and Selling"
by Samm Sinclair Baker
[nonfiction]
{carried over from last week}
(I first saw this book in my high school... or was it junior high school? library. 
I love the case histories in this book, and now, thanks to the Internet,
I can actually SEE some of the advertisements mentioned!)    

"Go Jump In The Pool!"
by Gordon Korman
[children's fiction, "Bruno and Boots" series]
(openlibrary.org loan)

"There's A Boy In The Girls' Bathroom"
by Louis Sachar
[children's fiction]
(I've blogged in the past about how this book led me to several others.)

"The Church Ladies" #
by Lisa Samson
[Christian fiction, Protestant]
(openlibrary.org loan)
I plan to read more books by Lisa Samson. I'm
so glad I discovered her through RAnn's blog.

"Raise High The Roof Beam, Carpenters"
and "Seymour: An Introduction"
(I've finished the first story, and am now reading
"Seymour."
by J. D. Salinger
[fiction]
{carrying over into next week}

No comments:

Encouraging news about EWTN's Fr. Anthony

Fr. Anthony hopes to be back on the air in the near future.  Oh, HOW I'm praying for that to happen! https://franciscanmissionaries.c...