Saturday, December 15, 2012

Not Cover to Cover

Once again, I am trying to read the entire Bible.  No.  Not trying.  This time,  I am READING the entire Bible.  What I am NOT doing is reading straight through from cover to cover.  Instead, I'm selecting a book, reading it, making a mark next to the title in a list in the front, and then choosing another book.  I've already started with The Gospel According to St. Luke. After that, I'll read The Acts of the Apostles.  Next, I'll probably read one of the books of the Old Testament, most likely one of the Wisdom books.
The Historical books will be read in their proper sequence, but probably (I'm not saying "definitely") not one right after the other.  It would be very confusing to read, let's say,
Deuteronomy, and then Exodus, and then Leviticus, and then Genesis, and then Numbers.
And yes, I am using my well-worn RSV-CE Bible!
And even though I'm not reading from cover to cover, I think I'll save The Book of Revelation, which, incidentally, I love, for the last.

1 comment:

kkollwitz said...

I support you not reading it straight through.

Encouraging news about EWTN's Fr. Anthony

Fr. Anthony hopes to be back on the air in the near future.  Oh, HOW I'm praying for that to happen! https://franciscanmissionaries.c...