Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Treasures I Found While Looking For The Trapp Family Singers on YouTube

I'm reading (not for the first time) "The Story of The Trapp Family Singers" by Maria Augusta Trapp, and so I decided to see if I could find any of their performances on YouTube. I do have some of their recordings stored on my computer, but I wanted something that I could share on this blog.
Well, during my search, I discovered that "The Sound of Music" was NOT the first movie about them. There was an earlier German movie, "The Trapp Family In America".
However, I wanted to find something by the real Trapp Family, not by actors portraying them, no matter how beautifully.
Well, I found a little gem!



And as if this weren't enough, I also came across, as a wonderful bonus, two clips of
Maria Augusta Trapp with Julia Andrews! And yes, they sing together!

Part 1


Part 2






1 comment:

Barbara Schoeneberger said...

Thanks. I really enjoyed these videos.

Encouraging news about EWTN's Fr. Anthony

Fr. Anthony hopes to be back on the air in the near future.  Oh, HOW I'm praying for that to happen! https://franciscanmissionaries.c...