Saturday, June 25, 2011

I Love Sunday: 2: Prayer Schedule

My Sunday prayer schedule is very different from my weekday prayer schedule; I give more time to prayer on Sunday.
During the week, I pray just ONE of the Daytime Hours; on Sunday I pray all three.
On weekdays, I pray one set of Rosary meditations, the ones recommended for that day. On
Sunday, I pray all four sets; the Joyful Mysteries in the early morning, the Luminous in the mid-morning or early afternoon, the Sorrowful in the late afternoon, and the Glorious in the evening.
During the week, I pray the Chaplet of Mercy on my own; on Sundays, it's the Chaplet of Mercy in Song on EWTN.
I always watch Benediction and Devotions at 6:00 PM on EWTN. And then comes Evening Prayer II, after which I say, "Blessed are You, Lord our God, King of the Universe, Who makes a difference between the Sabbath and the weekdays, between light (turning off the candle) and darkness."
And then I change into my weekday clothes, remove the tablecloths, and put the books back.

No comments:

Encouraging news about EWTN's Fr. Anthony

Fr. Anthony hopes to be back on the air in the near future.  Oh, HOW I'm praying for that to happen! https://franciscanmissionaries.c...