Saturday, December 4, 2010

Chanukah

Chanakuh. A time of great memories for me.
I remember arranging and re-arranging the candles
in the Menorah, and trying for a different color pattern
every day.
Now, Mom and I (remember, I still live with her; I blogged
about that a few weeks ago) simply light electric Menorahs,
one for the front window, one for the back window.
I remember Baba grating potatoes for latkes; now Mom
and I get our latkes from a store. I don't think we even
HAVE a potato grater.
Oh, for one of Baba's latkes!
Did I say "one"?
Honestly, could I eat just ONE?

3 comments:

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Semper Gaudete, are you familiar with the Association of Hebrew Catholics headed by David Moss? In case you're not, here's the link: http://hebrewcatholic.org/.

Joann said...

Among my precious memories, a "Chanukah Bush" I shared with my Jewish roommate, Marion. We went to Mt.Sinai Nursing School in NYC; wonderful experience.
It was a Jewish friend in my first year who gave me the book "Seven Story Mountain" that started me going to daily Mass.

Rochelle said...

@ Barb:

I not only heard of them, I was
in their Yahoo group for awhile,
quite some time ago. I left Yahoo
because my mail was hacked.
I've just rejoined with a new Yahoo
ID, Pro_Lifer_Chelle.

Encouraging news about EWTN's Fr. Anthony

Fr. Anthony hopes to be back on the air in the near future.  Oh, HOW I'm praying for that to happen! https://franciscanmissionaries.c...