Saturday, December 4, 2010

Books Read in the Week of November 28th- December 4th

" "Black" Becomes a Rainbow: 
The Mother of a Baal Teshuvah Tells Her Story"
by Agi L. Bauer
[Jewish non-fiction]
{started last week, finished on Sunday}

"No Coins, Please"
by Gordon Korman
[children's fiction, humorous]
{started on Sunday, finished on Monday}

"You English Words"
by John Moore
[non-fiction]
{started on Monday, still reading}

"The Enchanted Circle"
by Libby Lazewnik
[Jewish fiction, teenagers]
{started on Monday, finished on Tuesday}

"The Summer of the Great-Grandmother"
by Madeleine L'Engle
[non-fiction, autobiography]
{started on Wednesday, still reading as of Saturday night}

3 comments:

Barb Schoeneberger said...

I am a fan if Isaac Bashevis Singer and it looks like some of the books you are reading I would enjoy. It's just that I don't have much time for reading! Right now I'm reading a book about Japan written in 1959 by an Italian who with his family was interned in Kyoto during WWII. I'm a Japanophile and this is very interesting.

Rochelle said...

Barb, what is the name of the book you are reading?

Barb Schoeneberger said...

I got it at the library. It's "Meeting with Japan" by Fosco Maraini. Very fascinating. Japanese art, culture, music and film are my main areas of interest.

Encouraging news about EWTN's Fr. Anthony

Fr. Anthony hopes to be back on the air in the near future.  Oh, HOW I'm praying for that to happen! https://franciscanmissionaries.c...