Saturday, July 28, 2012

"Collecting for Beginners", by Jeff Figler

"Collecting for Beginners"#
by Jeff Figler
[nonfiction]
(I blogged about this book before I even received it.
I ordered this book primarily because, like the author's mother, I collect refrigerator magnets. However, while I've been collecting for only a few months, his mother has collected for years. I really expected to read about, and I hoped to see at least one picture of, her collection. However, the author doesn't even describe any of the magnets in his mother's collection. In fact, he really says very little about refrigerator magnets.
On the other hand, he does share some interesting information about collectors and collecting, both in general, and specifically. For instance, I never knew that Frank Sinatra collected miniature trains, and that he had a wooden Italian engine given to him by the Vatican.
He also shares several websites for collectors. I'll check them out before I
decide whether or not to post the links.
So all in all, I like this book, but not for the reasons I thought I would.

(This review appears only on this blog.)

No comments:

Encouraging news about EWTN's Fr. Anthony

Fr. Anthony hopes to be back on the air in the near future.  Oh, HOW I'm praying for that to happen! https://franciscanmissionaries.c...