Saturday, October 29, 2011

Seek and You Will Find!

I was looking for a painting of The Nativity to add to my collection. Sounds easy, doesn't it? After all,there are so many beautiful paintings of this event!
Ah, but I was looking for something a bit different; I wanted a painting with a
cat in it, because of the beautiful legend about how a tabby cat purred the newborn
Baby to sleep and was rewarded by Mary with the "M".
(That's a VERY short version of the story!)
Well, "Seek and you will find."
Here is the painting
I found. I think it is a purrfect addition to my collection!

2 comments:

Barbara Schoeneberger said...

Who is the painter? I like this. That is one big cat!

Rochelle said...

Barb,
The painter's name is John Singleton Copley.
My Winky is also a big cat.

Encouraging news about EWTN's Fr. Anthony

Fr. Anthony hopes to be back on the air in the near future.  Oh, HOW I'm praying for that to happen! https://franciscanmissionaries.c...