Saturday, May 14, 2011

Incident on the Bus



I'm going to share an incident which, in one form or another, happened many times when I used to use public transportation. On this particular day, I was on the bus when an elderly woman boarded. She asked me for my seat. I explained that I was sorry, but I had to remain seated to keep my balance. She didn't believe me. Well, next thing I knew, everyone on the bus was commenting on how rude I was, what a liar I was.
"There's nothing wrong with her. She's just lazy."
"Young people today have no respect for their elders."
Well, I was embarrassed... and I was angry. I spoke up. "I'm not lazy, and I'm not rude. I really do have a physical handicap, and I'm not able to stand on a moving bus. And while you've been criticizing me, not one of you has offered this lady your seat. So
what are all of you, handicapped, or hypocrites?"

No comments:

Encouraging news about EWTN's Fr. Anthony

Fr. Anthony hopes to be back on the air in the near future.  Oh, HOW I'm praying for that to happen! https://franciscanmissionaries.c...