Saturday, April 23, 2011

What Kind of Lent Has It Been?

Title adapted from the  Season one finales of:
Sports Night
The West Wing
Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

Well, it hasn't been exactly the Lent I planned to have.
I didn't pray the Stations of the Cross as much as I meant to. But then again, the only way
I really like praying the Stations is in Church.
I didn't really miss the things I gave up, and, call me crazy, but I like to miss, to crave, the things I give up. I like to feel that I'm actually making some kind of a sacrifice,
although no sacrifice of mine could come close to Our Lord's sacrifice.
But then again, maybe what He wanted me to "give up" this year was the feeling that I was
making a sacrifice.
And, while I'm taking stock:
1: Have I prayed more this Lent than during Ordinary Time?
Yes.
2: Will I continue to pray as much as I did during Lent?
Yes
3: Have I drawn closer to Jesus during this Lent?
I think so.
4:
Will I stay this close to Him?
I pray that I will come closer.
So, all in all, what kind of Lent has this been?
A blessed one, as Lent should always be.


No comments:

Encouraging news about EWTN's Fr. Anthony

Fr. Anthony hopes to be back on the air in the near future.  Oh, HOW I'm praying for that to happen! https://franciscanmissionaries.c...