Saturday, March 5, 2011

Lent Starts On Wednesday....

....and I want it to be a bit different this year; I want
to do a little more.
So this year, in addition to no junk food, no soda, no chocolate in any form whatsoever, no eating between meals, no alcohol (I like a glass of wine or beer once in awhile with a meal),
I've decided to abstain from meat (but not fish), except on Sundays, solemnities, and
feast days. On Fridays, I will even abstain from fish, because, to be honest, I love fish sticks, and this is another "extra sacrifice" I want to make this Lent.
I also plan to pray the Stations of the Cross every day.

No comments:

Encouraging news about EWTN's Fr. Anthony

Fr. Anthony hopes to be back on the air in the near future.  Oh, HOW I'm praying for that to happen! https://franciscanmissionaries.c...