Friday, November 19, 2010

Coffee

Yesterday morning, I knocked over a canister of coffee... a full canister! About half of it wound up in the kitchen sink. Aaarrrggghhhh!!!
Well, I had a choice. I could cry over spilt coffee, or I find something to be thankful for.
I found two, actually.
1: Thank God it went into the sink and not on the floor, because it
was easier to clean the sink.
2: Thank God only HALF of it got spilled.
But the coffee adventures weren't quite over.
I made a cup of coffee, poured it, let it cool a bit, and then took that first
sip. You may have seen some mushrooms described as edible, but not palatable. Change "edible" to
"drinkable", and you'll get a pretty good idea of how my coffee tasted. Pretty bad!
Time to clean the coffee maker! I like to use apple cider vinegar. (Thank God for that aroma of apples!)
Later, I dumped the vinegar, saying to myself, "Don't forget to run fresh water
through the coffee maker."
But, guess what! I forgot until this morning! Thank God I remembered before making my morning coffee.
So, I ran 3 cups of fresh water through the coffee maker. Then, I smelled the basket... and
ran 3 more cups through!
Then, I made my coffee (at last!)
One word...
Delicious!

No comments:

Encouraging news about EWTN's Fr. Anthony

Fr. Anthony hopes to be back on the air in the near future.  Oh, HOW I'm praying for that to happen! https://franciscanmissionaries.c...