Monday, November 5, 2018

Updated Reading Plan

These are the categories I'm now reading in:

The Bible book I'm currently reading

My daily devotional book for the year

1 work of Catholic spirituality 

1 work of Judaica 

1 collection of poetry

1 play or collection of plays

1 book of essays

1-3 works of nonfiction

1 autobiography, biography, or collection of  short biographies

1 collection of letters, not counting the Epistles in the Bible

1-3 works of fiction, which may or may not include a collection of short stories

1 comic book, both for enjoyment and as a safeguard against literary snobbishness

1 collection of potpourri, containing writings in several categories.

I've also started reading one picture book a day.  This is the only book I read through in one sitting.

Some books fit more than one category.  For example,
 "The Chosen," by Chaim Potok, would  count as both fiction and Judaica.  

No comments:

Encouraging news about EWTN's Fr. Anthony

Fr. Anthony hopes to be back on the air in the near future.  Oh, HOW I'm praying for that to happen! https://franciscanmissionaries.c...