Saturday, September 30, 2017

Slight Change To My Prayer Schedule

I used to pray the Office of Readings and Morning Prayer at about the same time every day, but lately I've been starting these Hours at first light. 


I get up early enough to have a good, strong cup of coffee first.  This means going to bed a bit earlier than I used to, but it is worth it.

As I read the Psalms, Canticles, Readings and prayers, I look out the window at the sky.    I love watching the day begin while I pray;  I love praying while I watch the day begin.   And using the Breviary instead of my own words helps me to focus more on the Creator and less on creation.




No comments:

Encouraging news about EWTN's Fr. Anthony

Fr. Anthony hopes to be back on the air in the near future.  Oh, HOW I'm praying for that to happen! https://franciscanmissionaries.c...