Sunday, September 20, 2015

B Is For Brighton Beach

I've just discovered this book, which was published last year.






Of course, I went right to smile.amazon. com and, to my utter delight, saw that they had it
on Kindle... at a very low price!
CLICK!

All through the book there  are places I've been so many times.
Asser Levy Park, which I called "The Big Park" when I was a little girl.
The boardwalk.
The Ezra Jack Keats School (known as P.S. 253 when I went there.)
And, most meaningful of all to me, Guardian Angel Roman Catholic Church,
unnamed in the book because it is on the J page along with the Jewish Center
across the street.

This book makes me feel so happy, but at the same time, a bit homesick.

I'm just sorry that I didn't know about it last year.... I would have gotten a physical
copy for Mom.
She would have loved it.




No comments:

Encouraging news about EWTN's Fr. Anthony

Fr. Anthony hopes to be back on the air in the near future.  Oh, HOW I'm praying for that to happen! https://franciscanmissionaries.c...