Saturday, July 25, 2015

Protestant Books

 I don't intend to talk against Protestant books in this post.  After all, as anyone familiar with my weekly book lists knows, I read and enjoy books by Protestant authors.  The ones I like best are those in which the author talks about his/her experiences and faith, (faith meaning trust) without going into doctrine.
 But what about a book whose author says something contrary
to Catholic doctrine?  Does that bother me? In all honesty, not
always.
It doesn't bother me if the author is simply stating what he/she believes.  It does, however, bother me if the author criticizes Catholics for our beliefs.  But, instead of allowing myself to become angry, I pray that God will remove that
writer's prejudices.
And perhaps someday, that Protestant writer will become a great Catholic writer.


No comments:

Encouraging news about EWTN's Fr. Anthony

Fr. Anthony hopes to be back on the air in the near future.  Oh, HOW I'm praying for that to happen! https://franciscanmissionaries.c...