Saturday, July 18, 2015

Bible Reading Plan: The Sequel

Remember this post from the beginning of the year?
Have I been able to stick to this schedule?
Well, to be honest, I haven't.  For one thing, I've lost too much
computer-time, and catching up became too difficult.  For another, and I should have remembered this from past attempts at reading the Bible in a year, I'm not all that crazy about reading several different passages in one day.
[This does not apply to the Readings at Mass!]
So I'm now reading my Bible in several different ways which do
not interfere with each other.
In the morning, after my Morning Offering and a few other prayers, I read a very brief portion of one of the Psalms, taken at random.  I've been doing this, and reading a portion of the Gospels at bedtime, for more than a year now.
I have two ways of reading my Bible during the day.  
One thing I'm doing is reading the Bible straight through, from cover to cover.   I know that many people do not recommend this method, but I find that it works for me.  Actually, it is the first way I read a Christian Bible while I was going through my conversion.
 I'll admit that I skim over some passages, but I'm not skipping anything.  Right now I'm in The Book of Numbers.

My other way of reading the Bible during the day is to take a small portion, a morsel, from the Readings at Mass, and read it
several times. Sometimes that morsel, that tidbit, is just part of a verse.   Often, during the day, I will pause and reflect briefly on that little portion.


No comments:

Encouraging news about EWTN's Fr. Anthony

Fr. Anthony hopes to be back on the air in the near future.  Oh, HOW I'm praying for that to happen! https://franciscanmissionaries.c...