Friday, November 14, 2014

Incident In A Store

I was in a store quite a few years ago, and I went up to a saleslady and asked her where a certain item...I forget what... was.
She pointed.
"Could you please tell me in words?" I requested politely.  "I have a perceptual disability, and it's hard for me to tell just where you are pointing."
"Well, tough on you!" she snapped in a VERY nasty voice, and walked away.
I followed her, tapped her on her shoulder, and responded.  "You are right.  You're absolutely right.  It is tough having a handicap that people don't understand.  But do you know what makes things so much tougher for me?"  I looked right at her and answered my own question.  "People like you."


No comments:

Encouraging news about EWTN's Fr. Anthony

Fr. Anthony hopes to be back on the air in the near future.  Oh, HOW I'm praying for that to happen! https://franciscanmissionaries.c...