Friday, May 2, 2014

Praying Games

Did I mean to type Playing Games?  Nope!
Am I talking about pretending to pray?  Nope!
So what am I talking about?
I'm talking about using games... in my case online games...
as a springboard for prayer.

For example, when I play Babydow, I pray for the protection of all children, born and unborn.

When I play FarmVille, I pray for those who really farm for a living.  I ask God to grant them good weather, strength for their work, and an abundant harvest.

When I play an online slots or bingo game (no real money
involved!), I pray for those suffering with a gambling addiction,
and for their families.

When I play Words With Friends, I pray that I will always
use words wisely.

When I play Pet Rescue Saga, I pray that lost pets will be
reunited with their owners, and that abandoned pets will
find new, loving homes.

I've just recently started doing this, but somehow I now enjoy
my games more than ever!

1 comment:

Rochelle said...

Babydow will be closing on the 30th of June. :(

Encouraging news about EWTN's Fr. Anthony

Fr. Anthony hopes to be back on the air in the near future.  Oh, HOW I'm praying for that to happen! https://franciscanmissionaries.c...