Thursday, February 20, 2014

Throwback Thursday

All My Bibles

This is a post from one of my old blogs.
I have so many Bibles, in so many translations, it's not funny. Fine Art Bibles, pocket-sized Bibles, medium-sized Bibles, One-Year Bibles, devotional Bibles, study Bibles, leather Bibles, imitation leather Bibles, hardcover Bibles, paperback Bibles.
Somehow, though, I always end up going back to my Ignatius Holy Bible, Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition paperback Bible, which I got by mail order on May 1st, 1998. (I put the date in the front cover when I received it.)
This Bible is well-worn and well-marked; in fact, it may be a bit over-marked! I think I've used, at one time or another, almost every Bible-marking system there is. Circling, stars, dots, color-coding, highlighting, even VERY simple symbols. {that system didn't last very long!}In fact, the only system I haven't used is underlining. I don't like underlining as a marking system, but that's just my personal taste.

(August 20, 2011)

No comments:

Encouraging news about EWTN's Fr. Anthony

Fr. Anthony hopes to be back on the air in the near future.  Oh, HOW I'm praying for that to happen! https://franciscanmissionaries.c...