Saturday, December 8, 2012

Splat!! (Brat!!)

I think it was Aunt Lily (actually my great-aunt) who first told me this story about my cousin Leslie, but it may have been Baba.
Okay, enough prologue.  On with the story!
Baba, Aunt Lily, Aunt Ethel, (Great-Uncle Sam's wife) her little son Leslie,  and several other family members had spent the morning on the beach.   They walked home, and went to the basement of the apartment building to shower.  There was a woman already there, and she was singing as she showered.  Leslie did not appreciate her voice; perhaps it was too high for his taste.
Whatever the reason, he picked up the custodian's mop and....
SPLATTT!!!
As you can imagine, the now ex-singer was furious, and that is an understatement.  Aunt Ethel apologized and apologized.
She was going to give Leslie what I admit would have been a well-deserved potch, but Baba and
Aunt Lily stopped her. 
Whether or not he got that potch  later on, when she got him home, nobody ever knew.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your motto for your blog. "Let us enter His gates with praise and thanksgiving"

Encouraging news about EWTN's Fr. Anthony

Fr. Anthony hopes to be back on the air in the near future.  Oh, HOW I'm praying for that to happen! https://franciscanmissionaries.c...