Friday, November 2, 2012

Thank God for Family!

Mom, Winky, and I stayed with my ex-sis-in-law Kathryn (still VERY much family!), her husband Paul, his son John Paul (called J.P.) and my nephew James from Sunday afternoon until today.
It was SO good of them to ask us to stay, and SO good of Kathryn to come pick us up.
And, as it turned out, this time we really NEEDED to evacuate.  The neighborhood we live in was hit, and I mean SLAMMED!!!  
I can't blog much about it yet; I am still overwhelmed by all the damage Sandy did, even though our house itself wasn't hit TOO badly.  Only the basement got flooded.  HOWEVER, I had a LOT of books  down there!  I don't know which books I've lost, and which I still have; I haven't been down there yet.
But books can be replaced, and we are all safe.
Thank God for family.
Let me modify that.
Thank God for caring family!


5 comments:

Rochelle said...

Update: I've been into the basement, and things are better than I thought. Quite a lot of my books were salvaged. They are a bit damp, but not really damaged. Thank God!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm glad you escaped relatively unscathed.

Barbara Schoeneberger said...

I'm so glad you survived Sandy and with minimal damage. Who ever would have thought New York City and surrounding areas would flood?!

Barbara Schoeneberger said...

I'm so glad you survived Sandy and with minimal damage. Who ever would have thought New York City and surrounding areas would flood?!

Moonshadow said...

Rochelle, I just read this, how Hurricane Sandy affected you in Brooklyn. I'm shocked but glad things are well now, as you've even moved to LI.

Encouraging news about EWTN's Fr. Anthony

Fr. Anthony hopes to be back on the air in the near future.  Oh, HOW I'm praying for that to happen! https://franciscanmissionaries.c...