Sunday, October 21, 2012

New Bible, Old Bible

I recently ordered, and have already received this Bible.  It took me a few weeks to decide whether or not to purchase it.  I knew that it would mean economizing for a while in other areas.
Less expensive orders at the online grocery store.  Less Chinese take-out (not a problem; a couple of lunch specials go a long way).  Cutting down on book orders.
So is this Bible worth the price?
Yes, and more.
I love Biblical art, and this Bible has absolute gorgeous, full-page stained-glass window pictures.  I did not know this when I sent for this Bible, so I was pleasantly surprised.
And now the question is, what will become of my old, paperback, over-marked Bible? Nothing.
Absolutely nothing.
The Bible I just got will be my study Bible, but this is still my cozy, comfortable, familiar, primary
reading Bible.





No comments:

Encouraging news about EWTN's Fr. Anthony

Fr. Anthony hopes to be back on the air in the near future.  Oh, HOW I'm praying for that to happen! https://franciscanmissionaries.c...