Monday, May 28, 2012

I Didn't Make The Connection at First

It recently occurred to me why I especially like
the apple with one bite taken out of it in this set of magnets. (The
first set I ordered for my collection!)



It reminds me of the "Ramona and the Apples" chapter in Beverly Cleary's Beezus and Ramona.
Remember how Beezus found Ramona in the basement, with a whole pile of apples
with just one bite taken out of each apple?
And Ramona's perfectly logical, if exasperating (a word that appears frequently in
the book) reasoning: "But the first bite tastes best."
Now that I think of it, it's amazing that Beezus wasn't the first nine-year-old
to turn prematurely grey!

No comments:

Encouraging news about EWTN's Fr. Anthony

Fr. Anthony hopes to be back on the air in the near future.  Oh, HOW I'm praying for that to happen! https://franciscanmissionaries.c...