Wednesday, April 11, 2012

More About My Offline Collection

Yesterday, I mentioned that I've started to collect decorative magnets, and promised to tell about the kinds I collect, and the kinds I don't collect. To start with what I do not collect: I don't collect magnets with place names. There are collectors, of course, who specialize in souvenir magnets. I do not collect magnets in the shapes of letters or numbers. I do not collect holiday-themed magnets. I don't collect clip magnets. And I do not want square, round, or rectangular magnets with pictures painted on them. So what do I collect? I collect shaped and colored magnets. I'm interested in magnets representing flowers, fruits, birds, fish, animals, foods (I'd love a magnet in the shape of a hamburger, for example!), storybook and nursery rhyme characters, cartoon and comic book characters, whimsical magnets, magnets that look like miniatures of things sold in stores. For example, magnets like these:
They are not in my collection, but that's an example of what I'm looking for. So now, I have four collections, three online, and one offline.

No comments:

Encouraging news about EWTN's Fr. Anthony

Fr. Anthony hopes to be back on the air in the near future.  Oh, HOW I'm praying for that to happen! https://franciscanmissionaries.c...