Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Windsor Hotel, 1960s



Posted here in slightly different form.


I remember going to The Windsor Hotel in South Fallsburg for a week every summer back in the 1960s with my grandparents, Rose and Nathan Rosenthal.
I remember being fascinated by the color tv in the lobby; our sets at home were black and white.
I remember people gathering around the piano in the lobby, singing and dancing
I remember a woman who played that piano. I remember the way she sang "Yankee Doodle." For some reason, I can remember most vividly her singing the line, "I got a Yankee Doodle sweetheart."
I remember how everyone would clear the floor, and my grandparents would dance
the Peabody.

No comments:

Encouraging news about EWTN's Fr. Anthony

Fr. Anthony hopes to be back on the air in the near future.  Oh, HOW I'm praying for that to happen! https://franciscanmissionaries.c...