Saturday, December 24, 2011

Books Read in the Past Week


Books read for the first time are marked with a #

"The Second Form At St Clare's"
by Enid Blyton
"The Third Form at St Clare's"
"Kitty At St Clare's"
by Pamela Cox
{fill-in titles}
[children's fiction, English, school stories, series]

"Pollyanna and the Secret Mission"#
by Elizabeth Borton
[children's fiction, series]
{the last book in the series; some
were better than others}

"The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Decked Out"
by Neta Jackson
[Religious fiction, series, Protestant, multi-denominational and non-denominational]

"Once Upon a Christmas Time"
by Thyra Ferre Bjorn
[memoir, childhood, Christmas, Sweden]

"A Christmas Carol"
by Charles Dickens
[fiction]
{my yearly December 24th tradition}
(I read this book for the first time in 1962,
after the first broadcast of Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol.
Since then, I've read it every year around Christmas, but I don't
remember when I decided to make December 24th my day to read this
book.)

No comments:

Encouraging news about EWTN's Fr. Anthony

Fr. Anthony hopes to be back on the air in the near future.  Oh, HOW I'm praying for that to happen! https://franciscanmissionaries.c...