Saturday, November 12, 2011

Books Read in the Past Week



Books read for the first time are marked with a #

"New Term at Malory Towers"#
"Summer Term at Malory Towers"#
"Winter Term at Malory Towers"#
"Fun and Games at Malory Towers#
"Secrets at Malory Towers"#
"Goodbye Malory Towers"#
by Pamela Cox
(children's fiction)

"In the Midst of the World"
by St. Francis De Sales
(Catholic spirituality)
(still reading)

"The Yada Yada Prayer Group"
by Neta Jackson
(Christian [Protestant] fiction}
(still reading)

2 comments:

RAnn said...

What do you think of the Yada Yadas? I think it is a good story that gets a little preachy at times.

Rochelle said...

RAnn, here's something I blogged last year about the books.

I'm reading the "Yada Yada Prayer Group" series (again!) and I have to admit I have mixed feelings about the books. (Mostly, I love them.)
The author, Neta Jackson, is a Protestant, and I don't agree with everything she writes.
However, I love the way the women support each other with their prayers.
I like that the author uses several translations of the Bible.
I love the way Avis praises God BEFORE He answers a prayer.
I DEFINITELY like the way the Yada Yadas visit each others' churches, and
I wish someone would do a Catholic series along those lines, with Catholics
of different rites attending each others' liturgies.

Encouraging news about EWTN's Fr. Anthony

Fr. Anthony hopes to be back on the air in the near future.  Oh, HOW I'm praying for that to happen! https://franciscanmissionaries.c...