Thursday, August 4, 2011

I Miss WRITING!!!

I'm not talking/writing about the CREATIVE act of writing. No. What I miss is the PHYSICAL act of writing, writing  with a pen. Yes, in spite of my dysgraphia, which makes it so hard, almost impossible, for me to write legibly, I miss the feel of a pen in my hand, the sound of a pen scritch-scratching, and tip-tapping on paper. I even (almost!)  miss the writer's cramp. 
Oh, I'm not saying anything against the convenience of writing on the computer, and
being able to delete a word, a sentence, a paragraph and start over without wasting paper. And I'm most definitely not saying anything against being able to choose not only the words,
but the fonts, the sizes, the colors. No. After a lifetime of struggling with my
penmanship, it is a pleasure, a great pleasure, to be able to control the appearance of my writing.
And I have to admit that I like the feel of my fingers on the keyboard.


The above post was taken, slightly modified, from one of my old blogs.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband thinks my handwriting is atrocious, and he's generally right, because I refuse to write slowly; I'm trying to recreate the speed of writing on a keyboard with a pen in my hand...and that doesn't really work! :)

Barbara Schoeneberger said...

I used to have lovely handwriting, but a neurological problem has made the physical act of writing very difficult. So I with you on the keyboard. Thank God for word processing! I don't really miss my old typewriter.

Carol@simple_catholic said...

My handwriting is pretty bad, but I love to write freehand. That is why I continue to use an old-fashioned notebook for my journal. :)

Encouraging news about EWTN's Fr. Anthony

Fr. Anthony hopes to be back on the air in the near future.  Oh, HOW I'm praying for that to happen! https://franciscanmissionaries.c...