Thursday, May 5, 2011

Schedule Shake-Up

My usual morning schedule is:
4:45 AM: Radio comes on (WCBS FM). I slide out of bed and
onto my knees (first making sure Winky {the cat} isn't
in the way) and pray the Morning Offering and
a few other prayers.
Next, I decide whether I want to start my coffee now,
or later, and which flavor do I want? {No matter which
flavor, the brand is ALWAYS Mystic Monk. (On Friday,
it is ALWAYS Colombian Blend.)
(Aside: I'd better stop typing and order some more;
I'm running low)
Now back to this post!
At 5:45, the radio shuts off automatically, and I pray the Office of Readings and Morning Prayer from the Liturgy of the Hours, followed by the Angelus (Regina Caeli during the Easter Season).
Then, more often than not, I put the radio back on.
The high point in my day comes at 8:00 AM: Mass
on EWTN. (Remember, I can very seldom actually GO to Mass)
And there you have my USUAL morning schedule.
This past Sunday and Monday, however, things were different.
I was up at 1:40, and my coffee was ready. (My coffee-maker has a timer, very handy sometimes.)
At 2:00 AM, I prayed the Office of Readings.
From 2:30 to, if I remember correctly, around 6:30, I had the great joy of seeing Pope John Paul the Great beatified.
Then, Morning Prayer.
On Monday, I was up at 3:00 (or was it 3:30?)
Once again, I had pre-set my coffee-maker. Oh, thank God for coffee!
At 4:00 AM, I prayed the Office of Readings, and at 4:30, I watched the Mass of Thanksgiving for the Beatification of Pope John Paul II.
Tuesday: Back to my regular schedule.
I must admit that I enjoy a shake-up in my schedule now and then!

No comments:

Encouraging news about EWTN's Fr. Anthony

Fr. Anthony hopes to be back on the air in the near future.  Oh, HOW I'm praying for that to happen! https://franciscanmissionaries.c...