Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Resolutions, 2011




I've made three resolutions for 2011

1: Read through the Bible.
I'm actually using three different Bibles, in different translations.
I'm following the daily reading given
in the Catholic One Year Bible, {The Living Bible] but it's not the Bible I'm actually reading; this version is not my cup of tea. There are five readings for each day:
Old Testament, New Testament, Psalms, Proverbs (a very short reading!) and Deuterocanonical Books (in a separate
section at the back. )
I'll be reading different passages at different times of the day,
using the Revised Standard Version, Catholic Edition.
If I tried to read all five sections at one time, I'd wind up with
a hodge-podge, mish-mash, higgledy-piggledy jumble in my
head.
(Of course, I will also turn frequently to favorite passages and verses NOT
prescribed for that day.)
And the third Bible? That is the Catholic Women's Devotional Bible (New Revised Standard Version). After I read a passage, I'll check to see if there is a devotion for that passage.
********************************************
2: Read through The Catechism of the Catholic Church (online,
a few paragraphs a day.)
*************************************************************
3: Have a budget and stick to it.

Would you like to share your New Year's Resolutions?













No comments:

Encouraging news about EWTN's Fr. Anthony

Fr. Anthony hopes to be back on the air in the near future.  Oh, HOW I'm praying for that to happen! https://franciscanmissionaries.c...