Saturday, October 16, 2010

Well, Someone Was Paying Attention

{This post has appeared, in slightly different form, in at least two of my older, more or less defunct, blogs.}


This happened thirty-odd years ago in my parish Church, Guardian Angel, in Brooklyn, New York.
Back then I usually went to evening, rather than morning,  Mass,  (except on Sunday) so I didn't actually witness this.  I  did, however, hear about it from more than one person who was there.
 Fr. Kelly, who was the pastor at that time, had a beautiful black cat named Midnight, who frequently attended Mass. One morning when Midnight was there, Fr. Kelly said, "Bring a friend to Church."
 The next day, several members of the congregation almost fell over when Midnight walked in with another cat!

No comments:

Encouraging news about EWTN's Fr. Anthony

Fr. Anthony hopes to be back on the air in the near future.  Oh, HOW I'm praying for that to happen! https://franciscanmissionaries.c...