Thursday, September 2, 2010

How NOT To Play This Game

If someone is going through a really rough time, or has suffered a great loss, that is not, most definitely NOT, the time to tell them what they can be thankful for.
You, yourself, can quietly thank God for the good you know He will bring out of it,
but the other person will not be ready to hear it.
I know when things have gone really wrong for me, the last thing I wanted was for someone to tell me what I should be glad, or grateful, for.
No, that is not the time to give them a sermon on thankfulness. That is the time to give them
something to be thankful for: the silent, listening sympathy of a friend.

No comments:

Encouraging news about EWTN's Fr. Anthony

Fr. Anthony hopes to be back on the air in the near future.  Oh, HOW I'm praying for that to happen! https://franciscanmissionaries.c...