Saturday, March 4, 2017

Working on A Very Personal Fic

I'm working on a very personal piece of fan fiction right now.  It is based in part on several incidents from my childhood, but is set in the present.  I will also be adding some things that never actually happened, some words that were never really said.
I don't know how long it will take me to finish the story, because I've found that I have to work on it slowly; I can't handle too much of it at once. It's  like woodcarving, and I'm both the wood and the tools.
So why am I writing it?
Years ago, when I was a school girl being scolded and shamed in front of my classmates for things like poor handwriting, a part of me seemed to split away from the scene that was taking place.   I could see it as if it were happened to another person.  Yes, I'd be humiliated, and angry, and crying, and yet in a tiny corner of my mind, I was wondering how to write about it.

No comments:

Encouraging news about EWTN's Fr. Anthony

Fr. Anthony hopes to be back on the air in the near future.  Oh, HOW I'm praying for that to happen! https://franciscanmissionaries.c...