Saturday, February 25, 2017

Surprise In A Book

I found something very special in a used copy of Marguerite De  Angeli's autobiography, Butter At The Old Price.  I ordered the book as a replacement for the copy that was lost when I moved.
This is the way the book was described:
"Former Library book. Shows some signs of wear, and may have some markings on the inside. 
ISBN: 9780385068130 
Binding: Hardcover 
Book Condition: Good"
When I received the book, I found that it was autographed by Marguerite De Angeli "For Marilla, with  much love."
That, however, is not what made this particular book extra-special.  The real treasure I found was two note-cards with personal messages to this same Marilla.
I thank God for these bonuses.  I'm even thankful that I lost my original copy of the book.  After all, if I hadn't, I wouldn't have needed to replace it!


No comments:

Encouraging news about EWTN's Fr. Anthony

Fr. Anthony hopes to be back on the air in the near future.  Oh, HOW I'm praying for that to happen! https://franciscanmissionaries.c...