Saturday, July 23, 2011

Gotta Conserve Energy!

This is Saturday, and on Saturday I usually do my laundry.
Not this week, though! We are having a heat wave, and that means more air conditioners and fans are being used all over Brooklyn. So THAT means we are being asked NOT to use washers, dryers, and so on.
Several neighborhoods have had power outages, and I sure don't want that. No power would mean no radio, no coffee, no computer, and, worst of all, no TV!
Why do I say, "Worst of all, no TV"???
Well, no TV would mean no EWTN!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband put up sheets over all the windows. Our house is like a tomb this week. But I'm not complaining about it, even though I crave natural light. There are times when even a love of natural light takes second place to energy conservation!

Barbara Schoeneberger said...

The heat seems to be getting to everyone this year. We're having an awful blast of it in southwest Missouri. We also got rain and with high humidity and high temperatures the veggies and weeds are both taking off! Too soon, though, it's going to be winter. I didn't know New York was in a heat wave, too.

Carol@simple_catholic said...

The heat has been getting to everyone here, too. We haven't been told to conserve, but it has been on our minds. If the heat keeps it up, we may be in danger of power outages soon.

Encouraging news about EWTN's Fr. Anthony

Fr. Anthony hopes to be back on the air in the near future.  Oh, HOW I'm praying for that to happen! https://franciscanmissionaries.c...