Saturday, July 23, 2011

A Bit Anachronistic

Since I've just added "The Wedding At Cana" by Paolo Veronese to my Rosary Pictures collection, I thought I'd share an appropriate post from one of my old blogs.

I've seen more than one meditation on the 2nd Luminous Mystery (The Wedding at Cana) where we are told to think of a Jewish wedding, the music, the dancing. Well, that makes my meditation on that Mystery a bit anachronistic. When I think of a Jewish wedding, the music, the dancing, I think "Hava Nagila"!

1 comment:

Barbara Schoeneberger said...

I've danced to the Hava Nagila. I'm sure there was a lot of singing, dancing and drinking going on at Cana. Wouldn't it be fun to go back in time and see it first hand?

Encouraging news about EWTN's Fr. Anthony

Fr. Anthony hopes to be back on the air in the near future.  Oh, HOW I'm praying for that to happen! https://franciscanmissionaries.c...