Saturday, September 9, 2017

From A Blue Bible to a Red Bible


I've switched from using a blue Bible to using a red one.  No, I haven't bought yet another Bible, and I haven't shelved my blue Bible in favor of a red Bible I already own.
I wrote in a recent post that a Bible that is falling apart should be rebound.   Well, I've taken my own advice, and rebound that paperback Bible that I've had since 1998. 
First, I took an old, worn, really crummy-looking imitation-leather cover, with some of the imitation-leather worn off, and I covered it with red Con-tact paper.  Next, I covered the Con-tact paper with clear book tape, to protect it.  After that, I bound my Bible into the new-from-old cover, once again using the book tape.   That was on Tuesday.
Today, I added one more touch.   I clipped the words "The Holy Bible" from inside another Bible I have, and taped them to the front cover.
So now I have a newly-bound bright red Bible (and I might as well admit it, red is my preferred color when it comes to Bibles!)
It didn't cost me a cent, because I already had everything I used to make the "new" cover.

No comments:

Encouraging news about EWTN's Fr. Anthony

Fr. Anthony hopes to be back on the air in the near future.  Oh, HOW I'm praying for that to happen! https://franciscanmissionaries.c...