Saturday, September 10, 2016

Ordinary Things, Not An Ordinary Day (Old post, slightly edited)

Tomorrow is the 15th anniversary of 9/11. That morning, I was warming up some biscuits. This was such a normal, ordinary thing for me to do. So was turning on the radio, but that day, for some reason, I didn't turn it on until it was time for Dan Daniel (Dandy Dan Daniel, Daniel Daniel Daniel, Triple D) to play the Backwards Oldie. This was a contest they had every morning around 9:00
on WCBS-FM. The beginning of a record would be played backwards, and the
listeners would try to identify the song.
About the first thing I heard was Dandy Dan telling us that there would be
no backwards oldie that day. I took out my biscuits, and wondered why.

I had just bitten into a warm, well-margarined biscuit when I found out why we weren't getting the backwards oldie that day. I rushed, biscuit in hand, to turn on the TV (but did not shut off the radio.).
It was a long time before I could eat biscuits again.

No comments:

Encouraging news about EWTN's Fr. Anthony

Fr. Anthony hopes to be back on the air in the near future.  Oh, HOW I'm praying for that to happen! https://franciscanmissionaries.c...