Saturday, April 23, 2016

Some Present!!!

I'm sure most of you, if not all of you, know the story of what happened to Mother Angelica years ago at a Christmas party, when she was Rita Rizzo.
The nuns presented each child with a brand-new gift.  And then, it was Rita's turn.   Did she get a nice, new toy or book?  NO!
What those nuns had reserved for her was an old, scratched yo-yo with a knotted string.
Why?  Because her parents were divorced.
It always infuriates me when CHILDREN are picked on for what their PARENTS do. 
I hope that those nuns felt ashamed, later on, for what they did, not because they did it to the little girl who grew up to be Mother Angelica.
I hope they were ashamed because they did it to a child!

No comments:

Encouraging news about EWTN's Fr. Anthony

Fr. Anthony hopes to be back on the air in the near future.  Oh, HOW I'm praying for that to happen! https://franciscanmissionaries.c...