Wednesday, December 31, 2014

New Bible Reading Plan

I'm going to try a new Bible reading plan in 2015, following this schedule.  
I'm not going to read all four passages in one sitting; that would be too confusing.  What I will do is read the Bible four times a day, not counting my bedtime Gospel reading.
Also, in order to enhance (I love the word enhance!) my Bible reading even more, I will use two translations.



First, I will read the portion in the RSV, and then I will read it in the GNB.  I considered using the NAB as well, but I decided that that would be overdoing it.
I don't plan to read the daily readings in the exact order given. This is a sample of how I intend to read my daily passages, beginning tomorrow.
Early morning:
Ps 1
Mid-morning or late morning:
Gen 1-2
Afternoon:
Isa 1:1-20
Evening:
Matt 1

And thus endeth my blogging for 2014.



1 comment:

Encouraging news about EWTN's Fr. Anthony

Fr. Anthony hopes to be back on the air in the near future.  Oh, HOW I'm praying for that to happen! https://franciscanmissionaries.c...