Saturday, November 3, 2012

Books Read In The Past Week

Books read for the first time are marked with a #

"Rhoda Thornton's Girlhood" #
by Mary Elizabeth Pratt 
[children's fiction, some Christian (Protestant) themes] {This is the book
I grabbed and put into the shopping bag when we were getting ready to leave on Sunday afternoon, and as it happens, I hadn't read it before.}

"Portrait of a Lady"#
by Henry James
[fiction]
{Only partially read.  Kathryn lent it to me after I finished Rhoda Thornton's Girlhood.  I hadn't finished this when we were ready to leave, so she gave it to me as a gift. However, when Mom, Winky and I returned home,  I decided that I wanted, needed, to read a book I already knew and loved. 
I do, however, plan to read, this book some time in the future.}

I am currently reading (make that re-reading, and you can add quite a few re's!):
"Papa's Wife"
by Thyra Ferre Bjorn
[fiction, Christian (Protestant) themes.]

1 comment:

RAnn said...

Haven't heard of any of those

Encouraging news about EWTN's Fr. Anthony

Fr. Anthony hopes to be back on the air in the near future.  Oh, HOW I'm praying for that to happen! https://franciscanmissionaries.c...